Friday, July 9, 2010

Curtains and chairs!

I made these curtains awhile back, we had plain black ones up before but after a few washes they just weren't looking to hot anymore. Anyways I was kind of bored with them already and I have only had them up for a month or so, so I decided to add something to them and this is what I came up with! I really like it, although I have only done one side but eventually I will get to the other panel, hopefully, otherwise it will look a bit weird. It was super easy! I just cut 2 -2" strips from the black curtains we had before did a running stitch, gathered it, pinned it in place sewed them on and then made a bunch of rolled fabric flowers and hot glued them on!
Also awhile back Billy's dad and brother got these cute little chairs for the girls at a park in swap in globe, they got 8 for like $20! Jess kept 4 for his kids and gave us the other 4. Then I went to Ikea and picked up a little table. While we were at home depot one night I picked out some spray paint and last weekend I primed and painted everything and I LOVE how they turned out! Nixyn loves them also, I couldn't keep her away long enough to take a picture.
Chair Before:


Chairs After:

6 comments:

  1. I love both projects! I've been meaning to do a table for my son. Looks great (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you stop for a minute you sick person. How about I take the girls (kids, when that one can stand to leave you) every 2nd tuesday of the month. How about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sold! Really? That would be awesome. And They would LOVE it! Just don't be so nice to them beacause I'm pretty sure they are on the verge of loving you more than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt even know you were updating this lately! yay! i hope you updated everything you do for the new house!

    ReplyDelete